Our Responsibility For Loss Or Damage Suffered By You
We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking these Terms or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious. that it will happen or if, at the time the Contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the order process.
We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the product for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for:
- Death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors;
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- Defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
- Any other breach of your legal rights in relation to the Products including the right to receive products which are:
- As described and match information we provided to you and any sample or model seen or examined by you;
- Of satisfactory quality;
- Fit for any particular purpose made known to us;
- And supplied with reasonable skill and care.
Events Outside Our Control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below.
An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
- We will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- Our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event is over.
You may cancel a Contract affected by an Event Outside Our Control which has continued for more than 30 days. To cancel please contact us. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant products you have already received and we will refund the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
How We Use Your Personal Information
How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- Undertake credit reference, fraud prevention and fraud detection searches, and to validate the information you provide us with other publicly-available records (such as the electoral roll);
- To supply the products to you;
- To process your payment for the products; and
- If you agreed to this during the order process, to give you information about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
We may pass your personal information to credit reference agencies. We may pass your personal information to credit reference agencies and other third parties to undertake the searches and validations mentioned above and they may keep a record of any search that they do.
We may monitor and record telephone calls. We reserve the right to monitor and record telephone calls to us, or made by us, in order to monitor staff performance, maintain service quality standards and protect our staff from threats and abuse.
We will only give your personal information to other third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
How To Contact Us If You Have Any Concerns
How to contact us in the first instance. We want you to be pleased with any purchase you make from us, so if there’s something you’re not happy with please let us know as soon as possible. All our contact details can be found on our Contact Us page.
If you are not happy with our initial response. Please send us an email at email@example.com. We will respond to you within 14 days of receiving your letter with a suggested course of action to try and resolve the problem.
If we are unable to resolve your concerns. If you are not happy with how we have handled your concerns, you may want to contact an alternative dispute resolution provider. Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. We will provide you with the name and contact details of an alternative dispute resolution provider. You can submit a complaint via their website. You will not be charged for referring the dispute to them and if you are not satisfied with the outcome, or if we do not engage in the alternative dispute resolution process, you can still bring legal proceedings. In addition, please note that disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform, available at http://ec.europa.eu/odr
Use Of Our Website
Terms on which we make our website available. By using our website, you confirm that you accept the terms set out in this section. If you do not agree to the terms, you must not use our website.
We may update our website. We may update our website from time to time and change the content at any time. Any changes to the products or these Terms will be dealt with by "Our Rights To Vary These Terms And Conditions" on our Ordering, And Cancelling Orders page.
Our website may not always be accurate or available. We take all reasonable care to ensure that our website is accurate, but we cannot guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will be completely free from errors or omissions. We do not guarantee that our website will always be available or you will be able to use it without interruption. Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we may suspend or withdraw all or any part of our website without notice. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage you suffer if our website is unavailable at any time.
You must use our website lawfully. You may use our website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
Using our name and the images and material on our website. We are the owner of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the images and material published on it. Those images and materials are protected by copyright laws around the world. Cotswold Outdoor Limited and our logo are our trade marks. All rights are reserved. You must not use any images or material from our website for any commercial purpose, for example, advertising products that you have bought from us for resale on other websites.
If you want to link another website to our website. You may create link from your own website to our website home page (but not to any other page of our website) provided that you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement by us of you or your website unless we have agreed with you in writing. You must not ‘frame’ our website on any other website.
Use of third party trade marks on our website. We use third party trade marks on our website for the purpose of describing and identifying the products that we sell on our website. We are not associated, linked or affiliated with the owners of any third party trade marks we use on our website, and do not endorse any of their businesses or products.